Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you out there. I hope your day is sweet and full of love. We here at the Pecan Shed have been having a very nice Valentine's Day. The Fudge Dipped Strawberries are a huge hit! And the customers like them too!

All jokes aside, those of us at the store have eaten at least a dozen or so ourselves. Friday was our busiest day since Christmas. We sold quite a few dozen strawberries and we were very lucky to have some nice bosses come in and give them to their employees as gifts. Those employees then came in and got some too.

Making the strawberries was a blast! Molly (Mom) and I made some fudge Thursday night and if you remember the episode of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy and Ethel are working in the candy factory and they lose all control over the process that was so me and Mom. It was hilarious! I think we ended up cleaning more fudge off the walls than we got made to dip the berries!!! I know Mom had some on her shirt...I guess she was saving it for the drive home.

Just so you know, we will still be selling Fudge Dipped Strawberries even after Valentine's Day. The minimum order is 24 berries and you need to give us 24 hours notice. They are perfect for parties, showers, a girl's night out, meetings, teacher gifts, etc.

Happy Heart's Day...Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment