Thursday, January 28, 2010

Horny Toads are BACK!!!

These little lizards have really surprised me as to how well they sell. Back a little over a year ago one of my vendors practically begged me to give a horny toad figurine a shot at my store. While I thought they were completely ugly and I personally have no "fond memories" of the Texas native, I did decide to buy 12 of the things and figured if they ended up on the clearance rack then it would not break the bank. About 500 toads and 7 styles later I can say I am truly shocked at how many people not only buy these lizards but actually have a fondness for them!!!

At Christmas time we could not keep them in stock. Every time I order from my vendor I do another dozen with the thoughts that I will have them in stock for a few months and every time I am amazed at how fast they fly off the shelf!

With all that said I am pleased to announce that we have received a new shipment of horny toads (aka horned frogs) at the store. I even ordered another style (yes that will make 8 different ones) that will arrive later in the spring. So if you are a TCU grad or just love those little lizards, stop by the store and pick you up one or a maybe even a whole herd of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment