Monday, May 16, 2011

Change is Good...

For those of you who know me, I am a creature of habit who likes to change. Thus I am a woman of contradiction (of course most women are).

I am the kind of person who loves my morning routine (and does not like it to be interrupted)...yet I like to take a new route to drop Dotty off at school or go to work.

My wardrobe has been basically the same for 20 years...yet I change my hair color on a regular basis.

I eat the same breakfast almost every morning...yet I like to eat different desserts when I go to a restaurant.

I am also not a fan of surprises...yet I love them at the same time. I like to read the end of a book first to see if I will like...yet I did not want to know if my first child was a boy or a girl. I like to have plans for the weekend so I can plan the "when" but I want to be surprised about the "where".

Today I told my staff (Desiree, Joanna, Kayla, and Tiffany) that I was tired of the store being the same. I wanted it to be different. Then I told them they had "free reign" to do whatever. I did say I would have the final say and might ask them to change some things but overall I gave them the freedom to go wild.

Then I left the store for a few hours.

It amazes me how we all look at the same store every day yet each of us sees different possibilities. Now some of the choices the girls made won't be able to last forever in that state but they will be fun for a while.

Change is good. It shakes up the soul and opens the eyes to new ideas and possibilities. I love letting the girls loose to try new things. Although they will tell you I go behind and change things to the way I want them to be I really don't do that as much as they make it sound like I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment