Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blue Ribbon Kind of Day...


Jake recently submitted some of our Mohawk and Kanza pecans to our local Wichita County Pecan Show and both varieties won blue ribbons! We have had the Mohawk pecan for several years now, but the Kanza pecan is new to our orchards.

In fact, I have not even had any Kanzas in my retail store yet. These trees are still so new they have not yet begun to "commercially produce" in order for us to use them at the Pecan Shed. However, I do feel in a few years we will have the Kanza pecan on our shelves and available to customers and I think they will be a huge hit!

So proud of Jake and Dad and all the guys who work out in our orchards! They put in a lot of hard, long hours to make sure we have some of (what I think are) the best pecans in Texas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment