Friday, December 14, 2012

Wow What a Year!!!

This past year has been full of truly wonderful things for the Pecan Shed!

Not only have we survived two rough summers in severe drought conditions, but we have acually grown our orchards and our business! Dad and Jake planted a couple thousand more trees this past summer in our orchards out in Charlie, TX and we started working on a second Pecan Shed location to be open Fall 2013 in Henrietta, TX on Hwy 287 (right beside the Best Western Hotel). Now if that is not growth I don't know what is!!!

In addition to continued growth, we have also been awarded with some really nice top honors this year! In May, the Pecan Shed won the "2012 Family Business of Year" award which was presented by the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce. Just this past month I was also named "Top 20 Under 40" which is an honor given by the Times Record News. Trust me when I say both awards were a total surprise (especially my personal one)!

On top of all this great news, I found earlier this week the Pecan Shed has also been nominated for the Henrietta & Clay County Chamber of Commerce "2012 Outstanding Business of the Year"! A big "Woo Hoo!" followed up by one of Dotty's happy dances does not even begin to express my emotions!!! This is just all so great!!! What an honor to be nominated with other such great businesses!

We at the Pecan Shed are truly blessed! I have a wonderful family I get to work with and my staff members are more than just employees...they are extended family too! Without such a great staff the Pecan Shed would not be able to do all the unique things we get to do for our customers. And speaking of customers...thanks to everyone who does business with the Pecan Shed. Without all of you I would not have such a wonderful business to manage!

I know it will be hard to top 2012 but I have big plans for 2013!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment