Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One Week Away!!!

Thanksgiving is just about a week away! Can you believe it?!?!

I am always thankful that I get put in charge of rolls and desserts for any meal I am invited to. I buy the rolls at the local grocery store and I always bring fudge from the Pecan Shed (super handy). Everyone knows I can't cook very well so to save everyone from giving me "nice try" pat on the back...I just go with the fool proof favorites!

Working at the Pecan Shed makes celebrating Thanksgiving a bit of a challenge each year. The store is closed on Thanksgiving Day but we are busy before and after the holiday (which is a great thing).

I have to remind myself to personally slow down and remember what the season is about...being with family and friends and giving thanks for all the blessings in my life. It only takes a quick glance at my sweet 5 year old girl to remember I have so much to be thankful for these days.

I know most of us live very hectic lives. We are running around trying to get work done, shopping done, be at school programs, and a long list of other things...but when you have a minute (whether it is while you are waiting in line at the grocery store or simply stopped at a red light) take some time to give thanks for what you have in life.

I even try to be thankful for the challenges...because when I ask God for more patience He doesn't give me patience...He gives me opportunities to be patient. We I ask God for strength He gives me chances to be strong. When I ask God for love and forgiveness…He shows me those who need my love and forgiveness.

I hope this time of year finds you all in good company, good spirits, and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment