Thursday, May 26, 2016

EntreLeasdership Summit 2016

WOW!!!

That's about all I can say is WOW!!!

I just got back yesterday from attending the EntreLeadership Summit 2016 in Dallas, TX hosted by the Dave Ramsey team. It was three days packed with amazing business leaders such as Dave Ramsey himself, Jim Collins, Seth Godin, Patrick Lencioni, and so many more! George W. Bush even stopped by to do a Q&A with Dave which was truly amazing. The entire event was a "Bucket List" experience.

My brain is bursting with information I can't wait to take back to my team at both Pecan Shed store locations so we can all learn how to be better to our customers as well as to each other. It is my goal to make the Pecan Shed the best place to shop and work and to teach others how to do the same!!

I think my favorite part of the whole Summit was when Dave Ramsey, Jim Collins, and Patrick Lencioni were all in a panel doing a Q&A session and Mr. Collins asked the others what was the greatest difficulties they faced as leaders. I really thought I was going to hear about expanding their businesses, market share, or some other "money matter" but all three talked about PEOPLE!!! They talked about how they struggled to make sure they were doing good by their people...whether it was recognizing their team members' accomplishments regularly or being a strong leader who could hold people accountable, to even being too loyal to team members who just weren't cutting it. We all want to be a "good boss" but it is hard! And sometimes the best thing you can do is "love someone out of the building" and give them a chance to succeed somewhere else.

Oooooohhhhh...just so much great stuff!!! I hope to share some of the thoughts with those of you who are interested over the next few months! I want to let you all know what we are trying to accomplish...how it is going...and hopefully those on the "outside" will begin to see the changes on the "inside" before too long!

With gratitude,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment