Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Traveling...

It is that time of year again. The time when I barely get to sit down or even stand still. Today though I was lucky and James from Paris Pecan Co stopped by. He and I had made plans to go by and see Valley Pecans in Chillicothe, TX.

Valley Pecans is a great retail store owned by Mike and Kelly Baustert. Not only do they have all kinds of pecans but they also have a great selection of gifts.

It is always interesting to see how different stores, in different locations, with different clientele do things. Some ideas other stores do would never work at the Pecan Shed but some things we have tried.

I also like to see that all stores change and adapt just like the Pecan Shed. We are always learning new things, trying new products and tactics, and we sometimes find the best answer is the simplest one.

As James and I talked today, I have learned as I have gotten older and my life has become fuller (thanks to a sweet 3 year old girl) that the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid) is the only way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment