Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hannah's Last Day...



Today is so bittersweet for me. This is the last day Hannah will be working at the Pecan Shed. She has been here for three years. Not only is Hannah a valuable employee but she is a great friend.

This December, Hannah graduated with her nursing degree from MSU. She will be an RN at UMC in Lubbock.

While I am so proud of all Hannah has accomplished, I am sad to be losing a great employee and a true friend.

Hannah has done a lot of great things while at the Pecan Shed. She is our tech guru and she has updated our computer systems dramatically. This season alone she updated our billing system to be computerized. Before we had always had to write out receipts to our customers. Now, everything is printed and looks very professional. While I had always known we should get more up-to-date on our billing, I was just never willing to take the time and go for it. Hannah is always willing to help out in that area of the business and for that I will always appreciate her.

Hannah is not perfect though and she did have her negative points. She usually did not wear the correct color shirt to work. She was difficult to get her work schedule done because half the time she did not remember if she had a clinical, a class, or something else scheduled. She could be quiet at times which often made me worry if she was sad about something, worried about school, or just sitting there asleep. She has TERRIBLE handwriting. She often transposed numbers (which if I ever have to receive medication from her I am going to double check her myself). And she would eat sushi at work at times which totally grossed me out.

But other than that...and a few more I cannot put into print for all eternity...Hannah was pretty close to a perfect employee. (I hope you all know that while the negative points I made are all true...I was never upset with her about them.)

I will miss Hannah more than I could ever say to her or ever put into print. While many employees have come and gone over the years, some of them are very special. Hannah is definitely one of them. Hannah is not from Wichita Falls so I know that she really will not have much of a reason to come back to see us but I hope she knows she is always welcome and that she has friends who miss her and would love to see her anytime she is passing through.

To Hannah...

Thanks for your friendship. For showing me how to blog. For showing me how to do a lot of stuff on the computer. For showing me that just because someone is quiet, it does not mean that something is wrong. People don't have to be constantly talking (thus I can be quiet sometimes too). Thanks for sharing your life with me...the funny, the not so funny, the personal, and the public. Thanks for listening to my life story...the good, bad, and ugly. Thanks for opening up your heart to all of us. You are one in a million. You will be truly missed more than you will ever know. And I will always remember you. (Don't worry...years from now I will not talk about the girl in the headband who wore the wrong color shirt...what was her name??? I will always remember Hannah.) All the best...Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment