Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reason for the Season

Today my daughter's school put on a play called the "Christmas Story". Dotty was "Mary".

The teacher narrated and the 3 year olds acted out the parts (too cute might I add). When it was all over Dotty told me the story over and over again.

Then she said...."I love the Baby Jesus. And Santa."

Her school and my sweet daughter reminded me that even though the Pecan Shed is swamped with customers, even though I am working 7 days a week a lot this time of year to keep up, even though my feet hurt, my head hurts, and my mind hurts with all the stuff I have left to do, even though my tree has not a single present under it yet (all bought back in October just not wrapped yet), even though I dream at night about pecans, fudge, and customers, even though I answer my house phone "Pecan Shed"...the reason for the season is the same and it has nothing to do with presents, pecans, or people at all.

It is not about getting Dotty one more gift. It is not about the Pecan Shed only having 7 more days of our crazy retail time. It is not about Christmas parties I need to attend, Christmas cards I need to write, or Christmas presents I need to wrap.

It is about the birth of a sweet baby boy. And my sweet baby girl reminded me of that.

Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment