Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Five Years from Now...

The question was posed at the Summit in Dallas...

If you were told today you only had five years to live, what would you take off your plate and what would you put on it?

Having five years is a significant amount of time. If you only had six months or even a year to live you might just sell all your possessions and start traveling the world or you might take your kids out of school and make a million memories for them to cherish for a lifetime. But having five years to live means you have to do things like pay bills and send kids to school.

However, if you knew you only had five years to live would you spend much of the time watching bad tv or any tv or would you watch more sunrises and sunsets? Would you spend much time hanging around people who are negative and draining or people who were changing the world one person at a time? Would you do something huge to leave a legacy behind or would you do something small to leave one person's world better off than it was before...or would you do both? Would you work late every night or would you leave work on time or even early to take your kids to the park to play and while you are at the park would you scroll through Facebook and Twitter or would you push them on the swings and build castles with them in the sand? If you only had five years left to live would you read the latest trashy romance novel cover to cover or would you read the Bible word for word? Would you make a list of all your regrets or a bucket list and start checking it off today...right this moment...not tomorrow...not next week...not next year...but now?

Five years...half a decade...260 Saturdays...1,825 days. What will you do with the next five years of your life...or the next year...or next week...or tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. I went through cancer three years ago. I still take chemo. I laugh a lot, have fun, enjoy myself and others. My biggest change is laugh a lot more. I love my job, and I want to influence every child I can. I want each child to be the best, I can help make them.

    ReplyDelete