Monday, June 6, 2016

Positive Attitude vs. Talent/Education/Experience/And More

When it comes to hiring and evaluating a team member a lot of businesses will look strictly at talent. They will also consider education, experience among other factors. But to me the most important attribute any team member can have is a positive attitude.

I can teach a team member a lot of things about business...especially my business. I can educate them, give them the benefits of my experience as well as their own experience, and everyone has a talent for something. However, if a person by nature is negative, pessimistic, or ill tempered those things are harder to change, improve upon, and flat out get rid of.

I would rather have a team member with a B or even C level in talent or work ethic who also has an A level in attitude than a team member with an A level talent or work ethic but who has a B, C, D, or F in attitude.

And I am quite positive about this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment