Monday, June 6, 2016

Time...It is All a State of Mind

In her book (that I truly LOVE and have personally listened to on Audible at least five times) "You are a Bada** - How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life" - Jen Sincero talks about how time is really just a state of mind. She uses the example that if you have two weeks to get something done it usually takes the entire two weeks but if you have two days to get the same thing done you can actually do it in only two days.

This really struck a cord with me. I always feel like I never have enough time...to work, to play, to relax, to stress, to laugh, to cry, to breathe, to live, etc. When in reality I have the same 24 hours in a day that Newton, Shakespeare, Da Vinci, Oprah, Gandhi, Jobs, Disney, Hepburn, Ali, Armstrong, Chanel, Ford, Ruth, Sinatra, and even Seuss had or have.

What matters is what I do with my time.
What matters is that I don't see my time as limited but rather full of limitless possibilities.
What matters is I find the time.
The time to work and play. The time to stress and relax. The time to laugh and cry. The time to breathe and live.

I get to choose what I do with my most precious gift...time. It is so precious because we can never get more of it...once it is gone, we can't get it back...and because it is the best gift we can give to others...our time.

How will you spend your time today?

No comments:

Post a Comment