Friday, July 22, 2016

You Can Have It All...Just Not All Today...

As I roll out of bed and head to the kitchen I see my "to do" list on the counter.  It reads...

5am - workout
5:30 - read Bible and meditate
6am - get ready for work - look fabulous!
6:30 - wake up Dotty
7am - fix a healthy breakfast and have meaningful conversation with Dotty
7:30 - head to school/work
8am - check and respond to all email
8:30 - team meeting about day's events along with daily devotional and team celebrations
9am - store opens, greet customers with baked goods I made fresh the night before
10am - write four to five chapters of my recent book
11am - create new product along with entire marketing campaign
12am - lunch with friends where we share recipes, class party tips, and solve the world peace problem
1pm - record my daily web show where I tell everyone how they can do it all and not go nuts!
2pm - review all the company's financials and discuss in detail with my CPA
3pm - pick up Dotty at school with a healthy snack I packed from home
4pm - all homework is done and both of us have read an additional 20 minutes
5pm - practice (softball, dance, cheerleading, or golf...depending on the day)
6pm - home cooked dinner with lighthearted banter and lots of love
7pm - bath time using soap I made from scratch
7:30 - meditation for both of us
8pm - lights out for Dotty
8:30 - all laundry and housework are done and make fresh baked goods for the following day
9pm - lights out for me

Anyone see a problem with this list????

Well for starters if any of you know a woman who can get ready in 30 minutes and look "fabulous" after a workout then I want to meet her.  I also sort of hate her because it takes me a good hour to get my look to the point where people won't ask me if I feel bad all day long. 

Another laughable note is who has ever responded to ALL their email???  I have at least 20 in my inbox at all times and based on what I hear from friends that is on the low end of the spectrum.  Also, for those of you who know me well you know my skills in the kitchen are down right scary so anything baked by me would need to be consumed with caution. 

Pretty much every item on this "list" was meant to make you all laugh out loud.  However the truth is I really do wish I could do everything on this list every day.

Could I do a lot of it?  Yes.  Do I?  No.  Could I do some of it?  Yes.  Do I?  Sometimes. 

I want to have it all...I want to be a great mom, Christian, manager, writer, innovator, baker, homemaker, friend, motivator, and sleeper (man do I want to be a great sleeper!!!)...but some days I am only a few of these...and some days I don't feel like I am any of them. 

What I know for sure is I can never be all of them at once.  Depending on the moment I am in I have to choose what I want to be great at or not so great at.  At some point in time I can be great at all those things...I just can't be great at all of them today.  But being great at just one or two of them a day isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Today my goal is to be a great sleeper.  So if you stop by the store and I am napping just know that I am working on my personal goal for today and don't wake me up.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment